In 2005 Passion for Ice was born – created, nurtured and developed by Chris Tabor and his team (carvers, admin and delivery/set-up guys and girls). Over the following decade, we literally carved, delivered and put smiles on to hundreds and hundreds of peoples’ faces. We travelled the length and breadth of the UK mainland from Aberdeen to Penzance, Dover to Kings Lynn and just about any town, hamlet and major city in the way. We still do. It is what we do (our ‘day job’).
Our Aim and Goal
Our Philosophy for Passion for Ice was and still is simple (it has never changed):
- We listen to you – you talking about your event. We obtain your feelings, wants and desires; what your ideas are and what you’d like to achieve with an ice sculpture or Vodka Luge.
- We then create and suggest ideas of sculptures based on what you have said. We then put it in a document for you to read, ponder and come back to us to discuss further (if need be).
- With a clear plan, we then set about and carve the piece – be it from a half bock, a single block or even multiple ice blocks.
- Once created we deliver it on time to your venue. We set it up and then enjoy the expressions of delight on peoples’ faces – knowing we have fulfilled the brief and you, the client are more than happy.
With Ice Team Build Events the Aim and Goals are the same:
- We listen to you – you talking about your Team Build event. We obtain your feelings, wants and desires; what your ideas are and what you’d like to achieve from the event. For some events, all the organizer wants is for the employees/colleagues to ‘have a good time and bond’.
- We then create and suggest ideas of the format based on what you have said. Put it in a document for you to read, ponder and come back to us to discuss further (if need be).
- With a clear plan of how you want things to ‘go’, we will then set about and organize that for you; for everything to run smoothly, professionally, seamlessly and without a hitch.
- On the day of your Team Build we will then execute the plan.
- See - What We Do.
In 2016 we hit on the idea of not just posting written testimonials on our website (as we had done for years), but going one step further; we asked if you wanted to say something on video – speaking to our future clients and saying whatever you like. We do not prompt, put words into mouths or give a script to read.
You will have noticed, some testimonials are short, some are long, some are eloquently delivered and some…well, it’s the thought that counts! These videos have proved to be a huge hit and more importantly, it gives an insight to how we operate. Clients say the funniest and most poignant things (about us!)
We have literally just embarked on doing this for Ice Team Build Events. Over the next few weeks, months, and years a library of Video Testimonials will appear.
Team Builds by any other name
Our Ice Team Build Events have been in existence from the early days, it’s just that we didn’t call it that in those days! Our Ice Team Build Events have grown and grown; so much that we felt that we had to start a dedicated website - just for this part of the business. Like ice sculpting, putting together an Ice Team Build Event is a skill, an art and a meticulous, logistical planning process.
If you wander around this website, you will see we are do not just ‘sell our services’. We are truly passionate about what we do and have seen what a difference it can make to colleagues/employees (as well as a company’s) performance, moral and general confidence and well-being. Hence for example we have created a Dictionary of Team Building terms, industry links and other reference sources for Mangers and organizers to use to help in organizing such an event.
We are always here at the other end of a telephone line to talk about ideas and generally help – 0800 999 30 60.